Twentieth Century Fox FCU
We continue our reviews of California credit unions this week by talking about 20th Century Fox Federal Credit Union. Credit unions are not-for-profit institutions run in the interest of member-owners, not shareholders. This means that all profits from the institutions go back in your pocket in the form of highest interest rates on the things you want and lower interest rates on the things you don’t.
Furthermore, most California credit unions provide many of the same services as traditional commercial banks. The only difference you’re likely to notice is lower prices and better service.
California Credit Unions: 20th Century Fox FCU
20th Century Fox Federal Credit Union is a California credit union with fairly limited membership parameters. Eligible people include:
- Employees of 20th Century Fox, NewsCorp and affiliates thereof.
- Employees of companies with fewer than 200 employees who exclusively work for 20th Century Fox on their lots in Los Angeles or receive their paychecks from Los Angeles.
- Employees and voting members of IATSE Locals 44 and 80.
- Employees and members of highly select organizations, such as the Keystone Mortgage Corporation.
- Widows and widowers of former members in good standing.
Whether or not you qualify for membership is simple: You’re a member or employee of one of the covered organizations or you aren’t. Talk to a banker about how you might qualify for California credit union membership at 20th Century Fox FCU.
Products at 20th Century Fox FCU California Credit Union
As stated above, 20th Century Fox FCU offers many of the same products as a commercial bank, including:
- Checking accounts.
- Savings accounts.
- Money market accounts.
- Certificates of deposit.
- Christmas club accounts.
- Auto, motorcycle, boat and RV loans.
- Life insurance.
- Homeowners’ insurance.
Whatever you’re getting at a big commercial bank, you can get it at a California credit union like 20th Century Fox FCU — provided that you qualify for membership.