California Credit Unions Series: 1st United Services Credit Union
Continuing in our series profiling California credit unions, we present this rundown on what you can expect from 1st United Services Credit Union — in short, everything that you’ve come to expect from your big commercial bank. However, you can expect something more from a non-profit like a California credit union: An added touch of service and profits reinvested in your finances in the form of lower fees and better interest rates on your deposits and loans.
1st United Services Credit Union Membership Requirements
Meeting the membership requirements for a credit union is the first part of taking advantage of their services. Every credit union has different membership requirements. 1st United Services Credit Union membership requirements are:
- Employment: 1st United Services Credit Union lists a number of companies that you can work for an be a member of the credit union. These include, but are not limited to, East Bay Regional Parks, the federal government, 1st United Services Credit Union itself and the State of California.
- Residency: If you live, work or attend school in either Alameda or Contra Costa county, you can become a member of 1st United Services Credit Union.
- Relations: Immediate family members of 1st United Services Credit Union are also eligible for membership.
California credit union membership requirements really don’t get any broader than this.
1st United Services Credit Union Services
Once you know that you qualify for membership, you’re going to need to know what services this California credit union offers. The good news is that they can do just about anything for you that a standard commercial bank can, including:
- Checking: 1st United Services Credit Union offers four different checking accounts, including checking accounts to help struggling students save money.
- Savings: Whether your just need a standard savings account, or something more robust like a money market, certificate of deposit or an IRA, 1st United Services Credit Union has you covered.
- Loans: You might need a new car, a used car, a new house, a used house or just some extra cash to pay the bills. No matter what loan services you might need, they’re offered at 1st United Services Credit Union.