1st Valley Credit Union Keeps Members First
California credit unions are the perfect solution for the person who feels like just another number at their commercial bank. These non-profit banking institutions offer many of the same services as the bank that you’re with right now, but with a personal community touch.
You’re the priority at a local credit union, not third-party shareholders. In our continuing series on the federal credit unions of California we offer this breakdown of 1st Valley Credit Union.
1st Valley Credit Union Membership Requirements
At 1st Valley Credit Union, you aren’t a customer — you’re a member-owner. However, to become one you must meet certain requirements.
To become a member of 1st Valley Credit Union, you must work for one of the following companies, or be a family member of someone who does:
- City of San Bernadino
- Yucaipa Valley Water District
- San Bernadino County Sun
- GO-DAN Industries, Inc.
- West Valley Water District
- East Valley Water District
- San Bernadino Municipal Water District
- San Bernadino Convention and Visitors’ Bureau
- Inland Empire 66ers Baseball Team and Stadium Employees
- IBEW Local 477
At this time, individuals outside of these employers are not eligible for membership at this California-based credit union.
Services at 1st Valley Credit Union
1st Valley Credit Union is a San Bernadino credit union offering you all the banking services you need, including:
- Checking and savings accounts
- 24-hour access to your account using ATMs, your phone and the internet
- ATM and debit cards
- The ability to shop for a car, get approved for a loan and buy a car all online, leveraging the credit union’s partnerships with Southern California car dealers
- Free use of Coinstar to turn your loose change into something you’ve wanted to buy
Opening an Account
As stated above, this San Bernadino Credit Union is not open to the general public. However, if you are in a qualifying group, talk directly to a credit union associate about what products and services this California credit union can offer you and your family.