Highest CD Rates in California
Whether you’re looking for a short-term CD of only six months, or a longer investment period of one to two years, the interest rate you earn greatly determines whether you made a wise investment choice. Not all bank CD rates are competitive with the current national or state average, so thoroughly research your options before committing your funds to an account.
Average California CD Rates
Currently, the average 6-month CD rate in California is .62% APY. One and two year CDs are not a whole lot better at .87% APY and 1.27% APY, respectively. That doesn’t mean you can’t obtain a better interest rate on your certificate of deposit, though; you just have to know where to look.
Banks and Credit Unions with the Best California CD Rates
The following are the top CA banks and credit unions offering the best CD rates in the state:
Highest 2 year CD rates in CA
- Stanford Credit Union at 2.27% APY
- Pacific Alliance Bank at 2.00% APY
- Neighborhood National Bank at 1.92% APY
Best 1 year CD rates in CA
- Northeast Community Credit Union at 2.50% APY
- Pacific Alliance Bank at 1.60% APY
- Partners Bank of California at 1.50% APY
Top 6 month CD rates in CA
- Northeast Community Credit Union at 2.00% APY
- Pacific Alliance Bank at 1.50% APY
- Fedone Credit Union at 1.26% APY
If you would like to open a CD account with one of the above banks, view the directory of California banks for contact information so you can begin growing your savings today.